DTA would like to remind our riders and the public of the following changes to our fares effective Sunday, March 7th:
– The reduction of a single-day bus pass with unlimited rides on a specific day from $4.00 to $3.00;
– The reduction of a seven-day bus pass with unlimited rides during that period from $17.00 to $15.00;
– The reduction of a 31-day youth bus pass from $37.50 to $30.00;
– The discontinuation of pennies being accepted in our fareboxes;
– Discontinuation of the sale of 90/180/360-day pass formats (the 90-day Summer youth pass for ages 5-19 will, however, still be available).
Fare Structure Time/Trip Changes:
Also on March 7th, we will transition from charging trip-based Peak Fare ($1.50) and Off-Peak Fare ($0.75) to a time-based approach. This simplified process will mean that Peak Fare ($1.50) will be charged between 7:00-9:00a.m., and 2:30p.m.-6:00p.m. Monday through Friday. All other operating hours during Weekdays, and all day Saturdays and Sundays will be the $0.75 Off-Peak Fare.
Additionally, in conjunction with our planned fare changes beginning Sunday, March 7th, 2021, we have programmed the following trip changes:
Route 5: Added one weekday trip from the Mall to the west, departing Super One at 7:01pm and arriving in New Duluth at 7:50pm.
Route 7: Added one outbound weekday trip departing DTC at 9:40pm and arriving in Lakeside at 10:11pm. Added one inbound trip, departing Lakeside at 10:30pm and arriving at DTC at 10:52pm.
Route 11k: Dropped last inbound trip weekdays. Last 11k inbound will depart Kenwood at 11:26pm and arrive at DTC at 11:55pm.
Route 2: Dropped last outbound and inbound #2 trip Weekdays and Saturdays, adjusted second to last inbound #2 trip to return to garage before downtown. Last outbound 2 will depart DTC at 11:25pm. Last trip West will be Route 1, departing DTC at 11:45pm. Last inbound trip with service to downtown from the west will arrive at DTC at 11:56pm.