FREE fares after 5 p.m. on New Year's Eve with service to 2 a.m.
Published: Expires: 1/1/2013
DTA and Fond-du-Luth Casino are encouraging public to "Play it Safe" on New Year's Eve by providing FREE fares after 5 p.m. on December 31 with extended service after midnight in Duluth and Superior
The Duluth Transit Authority and Fond-du-Luth Casino are again partnering to provide FREE DTA service on New Year’s Eve. DTA service will be FREE after 5 p.m. on Monday, December 31 including service extended well after midnight throughout the Twin Ports. The last buses departing downtown Duluth, will leave as late as 2:10 a.m. on New Year’s Day to accommodate those celebrating New Year’s Eve.
The DTA and Fond-du-Luth Casino are encouraging the public to “Play It Safe” on New Year’s Eve by riding the bus! All major areas in Duluth and Superior will be covered with special “after midnight” bus service for those celebrating New Year’s Eve.
The DTA appreciates the generosity of the Fond-du-Luth Casino in pre-paying all fares after 5 p.m. on December 31 and sponsoring the extension of service after midnight. Without their support, this would not be possible. Last year, more than 700 riders took advantage of the free extended service after midnight.
Special New Year’s Eve passenger hand schedules are available at the DTA’s Downtown Transit Center; and online at Special New Year's Schedule 2012
LAST BUSES DEPARTING DOWNTOWN DULUTH AFTER MIDNIGHT:
- West Mainline (Route 2): 2:10 a.m.
- East Mainline (Route 7) to Lakeside: 12:10 a.m.
- East Mainline (Route 7) to 24th A.E.: 2:10 a.m.
- East 8th Street/UMD/Kenwood (Route 11K): 2:00 a.m.
- East 4th Street/Woodland (Route 13): 1:00 a.m.
- Piedmont (Route 9): 12:10 a.m.
- Central Hillside/Duluth Heights (Route 10): 1:10 a.m.
- Superior, WI (Route 16): 1:20 a.m.
Last bus departing Superior WI for Duluth: 1:42 a.m.
EXTENDED DTA SERVICE FOR NEW YEAR’S EVE 2012:
Below are added trips ARRIVING/DEPARTING DOWNTOWN beyond the regular schedule.
- Route #1 on West Mainline/Zoo – 10:05 p.m.; 11:05 p.m.
- Route #2 on West Mainline – 1:10 a.m. and 2:10 a.m.
- Route #3 to 57 A.W. on West Mainline – 9:20 p.m.
- Route #6 East Mainline to UMD – 11:15 p.m.
- Route #7 on E. Mainline to Lakeside – 10:20 p.m., 11:10 p.m., 12:10 a.m.
- Route #7 on E. Mainline to 24th A.E - 2:10 a.m.
- Route #9 – 10:20 p.m., 12:10 a.m.
- Route #10 Duluth Hts./Mall – 12:10 a.m., 1:10 a.m.
- Route #11K East 8th Street/UMD/Kenwood – 1:10 a.m., 2:00 a.m.
- Route #13 East 4th Street/Woodland – 11:00 p.m., 12:00 a.m., 1:00 a.m.
- Route #16 Duluth-Superior – 8:20 p.m. 9:20 p.m. 10:20 p.m. 11:20 p.m. 12:20 a.m. 1:20 a.m.