DTA honors employees for achieving a cumulative total of 896 years of accident-free service
Published: Expires: 4/27/2012
Rod Fournier named DTA Employee of the Year for 2011
The Duluth Transit Authority recognized and commended 83 bus operators and mechanics at its annual Employee Safety and Recognition Awards Breakfast on March 21 for achieving a cumulative total of 896 years of accident-free service.
The DTA also named Rod Fournier as the Employee of the Year for 2011 at the annual Awards Breakfast.
Fournier began his career at the DTA in 1988 as a bus operator. He became a dispatcher in April of 2007 and was promoted to director of scheduling in March of 2010. In January 2012, Fournier was named assistant operations director.
Fournier was named DTA Employee of the Month in February of 2011, November of 2007 and July of 2000.
Safety is the number one priority at the DTA and through a concerted effort by conscientious employees and ongoing safety training programs the DTA has been recognized by the American Public Transportation Association and Minnesota Public Transit Association:
- Minnesota Transit System of Year in 2009
- Management Innovation Award in 2007
- Management Innovation Award in 2004
- Certificate of Continued Safety Performance in 2000
- Certificate of Achievement Award in 1998
- Safety Achievement Award Winner in 1995
- Silver Award Finalist in 1994
- Silver Award Winner in 1992
- Silver Award Finalist in 1991
- Outstanding Achievement - America's Best Mid-size Transit System in 1990
- Safety Achievement Award in 1988
- Safety Improvement Award in 1987
- Certificate of Achievement Award in 1984
The DTA appreciates the generous support of Perkins Restaurants, who have provided food donations for the DTA’s annual Safety Award Pancake Breakfasts since 1987.