DTA to hold public hearings on proposed fare increase and service changes.
Published: Expires: 8/2/2010
Public comments to be taken at Downtown Transit Center from 3:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday July 20 and DTA Board Room at 2 p.m. on Tuesday, July 27
The Duluth Transit Authority is inviting bus riders and the general public to voice their opinions and concerns on the proposed fare increase and service changes.
The purpose of these public hearings is to solicit comments on proposed fare increases and service changes to the current DTA system. The fare increase will fund service increases and may be needed to offset potential funding changes for the DTA.
Tuesday, July 20 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. Transit Center – 214 West Superior Street – Duluth MN
This will be a walk-in format – comments will be taken anytime between 3:30 & 5:30 p.m.
Tuesday, July 27 Starts @ 2 p.m. DTA Board Room – 2402 W. Michigan Street – Duluth MN
Persons with comments may:
- Present comments in person or in writing at the above noted hearings;
- Email comments to email@example.com;
- Send comments to Duluth Transit Authority % Jim Heilig – 2402 W. Michigan St. – Duluth MN 55806
Send or email comments no later than Monday, August 2, 2010.
Proposed Fare Increases:
|Base Fare||$ 1.25||$ 1.50|
|Off-Peak Fare||$ 0.60||$ 0.75|
|Off-Peak Elderly & Disabled||$ 0.60||$ 0.75|
|Youth Fare||$ 1.00||$ 1.50|
|Day Pass||$ 3.00||$ 4.00|
|Seven Day Pass||$12.00||$14.00|
|31 Day Pass||$35.00||$40.00|
|Teen Pass- Youth Pass||$30.00||$37.50|
|Summer Teen Pass (June, July, August)||$45.00||$55.00|
|Trolley Fare||$ 0.50||No Change|
|Dash/Mash||$ 0.25||No Change|
|STRIDE Peak Fare||$ 2.50||$3.00|
|Off-Peak Fare||$ 1.25||$1.50|
- Expand evening services within the City of Duluth on all days of the week to better serve third shift workers.
- Provide a Sunday level of service on all major holidays.
(Currently, DTA provides no service on holidays.)
- Modify the level of service on the routes 18 and 20 to meet available funding.
(This would be a decrease in service levels.)