DTA and Fond-du-Luth Casino are encouraging public to Play it Safe on New Year's Eve by providing FREE fares all day on December 31 with FREE extended service after midnight in Duluth and Superior.
Published: Expires: 1/1/2012
The Duluth Transit Authority and Fond-du-Luth Casino are partnering to provide FREE DTA service all day on Saturday, December 31 with FREE service extended on the busiest routes up to 1:50 a.m. on New Year’s Day to accommodate those celebrating New Year’s Eve.
The DTA and Fond-du-Luth Casino are encouraging the public to “Play It Safe” on New Year’s Eve by riding the bus! All major areas in Duluth and Superior will be covered with special after midnight bus service for New Year’s Eve.
The DTA appreciates the generosity of the Fond-du-Luth Casino in paying all fares on December 31 and sponsoring the extension of service after midnight. Without their support, this would not have been possible.
LAST BUSES DEPARTING DOWNTOWN DULUTH:
• West Mainline: 1:50 a.m.
• East Mainline to Lakeside: 1:40 a.m.
• East 8th Street/UMD/Kenwood: 1:40 a.m.
• East 4th Street/Woodland: 1:45 a.m.
• Central Hillside/Duluth Heights: 12:40 a.m.
• Superior, WI: 12:50 a.m.
EXTENDED DTA SERVICE FOR NEW YEAR’S EVE:
Below are added trips FROM DOWNTOWN on Saturday, December 31/January 1:
• Route #1 on West Mainline to Zoo – 9:20 p.m. and 10:20 p.m.
• Route #2 on West Mainline – 11:50 p.m., 12:50 a.m. and 1:50 a.m.
• Route #6 East Mainline to UMD – 10:45 p.m. and 11:45 p.m.
• Route #7 on E. Mainline to Lakeside – 9:05 p.m., 10:05 p.m. and 1:40 a.m.
• Route #10 Duluth Heights / Mall – 11:15 p.m. and 12:40 a.m.
• Route #11K East 8th Street / Kenwood – 11:40 p.m., 12:40 a.m. and 1:40 a.m.
• Route #13 East 4th Street / Woodland – 10:10 p.m. 1:45 a.m.
• Route #16 Duluth-Superior – 8:50 p.m., 9:50 p.m., 10:50 p.m., 11:50 p.m. and 12:50 a.m.
Passengers are advised to refer to standard passenger schedules for full Saturday service.