Title VI Information
The DTA is required to have a Title VI Program. This program details how the DTA meets the objectives of the law. The DTA Pledges that everyone will have access to all of the DTA’s programs, services, and benefits without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or socioeconomic status.
Then DTA will not tolerate discrimination by its employees or by those that receive Federal funds from the DTA. The DTA prohibits all discriminatory practices that may result in an individual:
- Being denied any service, financial aid, or benefit provided under a program to which he or she might otherwise be entitled.
- Being held to different standards or requirements for participation in a DTA Program.
- Experiencing segregation or separate treatment in any part of a DTA program.
- Being subject to distinctions in quality, quantity, or manner in which DTA benefit is provided.
- Experiencing discrimination in any activities conducted in a DTA facility built in whole or part with Federal Funds.
- The denial, or reduction in, or significant delay in receipt of benefits by minority or low income populations.
The Duluth Transit Authority (DTA) hereby gives public notice of its policy to uphold and assure full compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Civil Rights Restoration Act of 1987, and all related statutes. Title VI and related statutes prohibiting discrimination in federally assisted programs require that no person in the United States of America shall, on the grounds of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability be excluded from the participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving federal assistance.
Any person who believes they have been aggrieved by an unlawful discriminatory practice regarding DTA programs has a right to file a formal complaint with the DTA. Any such complaint must be in writing and submitted to the DTA Title VI Coordinator within thirty (30) days following the date of the alleged occurrence. For more information regarding civil rights complaints, please contact:
Title VI Coordinator
Duluth Transit Authority
2402 West Michigan Street
Duluth, MN 55806
218/722-4426 x316 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The complaint form is available at: FTA Title VI Complaint Form or by contatcting the DTA at 218-623-4316